Now, Rimac proved why the Nevera supercar should not be mocked.
Rimac Nevera’s performance
Rimac proudly announced that the all-electric hypercar Nevera achieved a record-setting lap time of 7:05:298 (7 minutes and 5.298 seconds). This result ultimately kicked the Tesla EV’s record by 20 seconds.
It must be noted that famous Croatian racing driver Martin Kodrić drove the Rimac Nevera on the 20.6 km long track.
The automaker emphasized that TÜV SÜD and onboard telemetry verified the recorded time.
For reference, the Tesla Model S Track Pack previously nabbed the first spot from Porsche Taycan Turbo S with its record-breaking time of 7:25.231. Now, the new Rimac Nevera officially beat them with its acceleration time of 0-60 mph in just 1.74 seconds and a maximum output of 1914 horsepower.
- Rimac successfully delivers the first Nevera hypercar to the US
- Elon Musk bashes Rimac Nevera’s 0-60 mph time of 1.74 sec on Twitter
- Lucid CEO sets sights on expanding luxury EV tech business with Aston Martin deal
- Tesla Model S Plaid Track Package now sold out after Nurburgring record
- Tesla Model S reclaims Nurburgring lap record, overthrowing Porsche Taycan Turbo S
This momentous achievement demonstrates the strong capabilities of electric cars. It can potentially urge more automakers to explore and improve the electric power of vehicles.